How do I upload a compressed file?
To upload a compressed file to the Data Archive, using the Web application, undertake the following steps:
1. Access the Data Archive Web application by opening a Chrome browser and entering the following URL: https://rds.unsw.edu.au. At the Data Archive login page, enter your UNSW zID (for User:) and zPass (for Password:) and click ‘Login'.
On the upper left side of the screen, you’ll see the Asset Finder icon.
2. Double click on the Asset Finder icon to open.
3. In Asset Finder, navigate to the location where you wish to upload the compressed file.
4. On your local computer, navigate to the location of the compressed file to be uploaded.
5. Drag the compressed file from your local location.
6. Drop the compressed file into the second or third pane of the selected Data Archive location in Asset Finder.
7. A notification box will pop up on the screen. Click the ‘Import Files’ button on the bottom right hand side.
Your compressed file is now being imported. You will see a progress bar on the screen in front of you that shows you how the import is progressing.
8. Once the compressed file has been uploaded successfully, a ‘Dismiss’ button will appear on the notification box. Click the 'Dismiss' button to complete the upload process.
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information