What are the system requirements to use the Data Archive?
This page provides systems requirements for:
To access the UNSW Data Archive Web application you will need:
- The latest version of the Chrome browser. Please note that Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox browsers cannot currently be used in conjunction with the Data Archive Web application as they currently do not support HTML5.
- The link to the Data Archive Web application: https://rds.unsw.edu.au.
- An active UNSW zID and zPass. To verify your zID/zPass visit the UNSW Identity management page.
Note: contact your local IT support or the UNSW IT Service Centre (9385 1333) to get Chrome installed on your workstation, when using a SOE (Standard Operating Environment), or, if you have administrator rights, you can download and install the browser from the Chrome website yourself.
See the Web application guide for more information.
To upload and download research data with SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) you will need to have a SFTP client on your PC. Instructions are provided below for FileZilla, which is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux. Please contact your local IT support or the UNSW IT Service Centre (9385 1333) to get this application installed, or download from the FileZilla website if you are able to install software on your PC.
Note: You can use any software that supports secure FTP connections, the settings you need are below:
- Host: rds.unsw.edu.au
- Port: 8022
- Protocol: SFTP
- Username: UNSW_RDS:zID eg: (e.g. UNSW_RDS:z1234567)
- Password: [your zPass]
For further information on SFTP, see;
Command line script
To upload and download research data using the Command line script you will need:
- To be using one of the operating systems below:
- Window 7 Home Premium and Enterprise Editions
- Mac OS X 10.6.8
- Centos 5.9
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To access the Data Archive using the Java applet web-based user interface, use this link. For more information, see the Java applet guide
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information