Where did my downloaded file / folder go?
By default the Chrome browser will save downloaded content to your computers Downloads folder (e.g. C:\Downloads)
You may like to decide where you will save the content that you download from the Data Archive (rather than allowing the Chrome browser to decide for you). To configure your Chrome browser so that you may decide where to download folders and files:
- Go to the Chrome browser settings.
- In the new, Settings, browser tab which opens, scroll down to Show advanced settings...
- Click on Show advanced settings..., scroll down to the Downloads section and check the option 'Ask where to save each file before downloading' check box.
- Close the Settings browser tab and your changes will be saved.
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information