What are the benefits of using the Data Archive?
- It is a UNSW owned and managed facility that is free of charge for all UNSW researchers (staff and High Degree Research (HDR) candidates).
- It is safe and secure. All data will only be stored at a UNSW datacentre with an additional back-up of data stored in a secure site off campus, so your data will always remain safe and accessible. See also the When should I delete / remove the local copy of my data? FAQ.
- It provides a secure space to view and share data.
- There is no quota limit.
- HDR candidates can store data in Private or Shared (with supervisor and others) folders, making it easy for associated research groups to access data in one secure location.
- Data are only available to members identified in the specified Research Data Management Plan (RDMP).
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information