How do I upload data using the command line script?
Researchers who frequently upload or download data, and/or generate datasets, may wish to schedule a regular upload or download of data rather than manually uploading and downloading data via the Web application.
A script is available for command line access to the UNSW Data Archive, but it requires some technical knowledge to use. The script can be used for automated or large uploads of data to the store.
To upload and download research data using the Command line script you will need:
- To be using one of the operating systems below:
- Window 7 Home Premium and Enterprise Editions
- Mac OS X 10.6.8
- Centos 5.9
- The source and destination paths of the data you wish to upload and/or download
Contact your local IT support or the UNSW IT Service Centre (9385 1333) to obtain the script and to discuss other operating system compatibility.
See the Command line script guide for more information.
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information